Sip of Winthrop
Friday, November 7, 2014
Join us at the Cottage Park Yacht Club and experience an evening of The Red, The White & The Brew. Sips and samplings from a number of different wines and craft beers. Hors d’oeuvres and music. Jackets required. Don’t wait, last year we sold out!
Tickets are: $35.00 per person
Tickets available now at Winthrop Chamber of Commerce 617-846-9898
Swett’s Liquors 617-846-0005
Thompson’s Liquors 617-846-9298
or Purchase Online at www.winthropchamber.com
The Sip of Winthrop sparkling sponsor is Webster First Federal Credit Union.
For Kids Only Afterschool (FKO), a nonprofit organization serving Greater Boston, is seeking a Specialist with strong communication, marketing, outreach and event planning skills that will immediately be put to use to set FKO marketing and communications priorities and goals, increase the visibility of FKO in communities served, and to enhance and expand services available to children and families.
FKO strives to support the needs of children and families through academic, recreational and social opportunities that enhance school day learning and build upon individual strengths and interests necessary for lifelong success. FKO programs focus on the individual strengths and needs of each child in our care and aims to provide engaging and enriching activities for children in all areas of development: socio-emotional, cognitive, language and physical.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with parents, community partners, and supporters through traditional media and online
- Develop marketing material, flyers, press releases, brochures, and presentations
- Develop and execute an email marketing and communications plan
- Plan and implement family, community and fundraising events
- Maintain and update the FKO website and social media channels
- Serve as a liaison to communities served, including attending meetings, conferences and events
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to independently manage simultaneous projects
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus the ability to create effective flyers through InDesign, Photoshop or other design software.
- Experience in Web (Word Press) and internet marketing strategies, online advertising & social media
- Photography/Videography experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, public relations or advertising (with a nonprofit preferred)
- Journalistic and competent writing skills and proofreading abilities
- Familiarity with education, childcare or out of school time program environment a plus
COMPENSATION: Competitive, Based on Experience
LOCATION: For Kids Only Afterschool Administration Office, Salem MA
SCHEDULE: Full time with benefits and flexible schedule options (30-40 hours per week)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online at http://www.fkoafterschool.org/work-for-us/careers
Scott MacElree of Scott’s Auto Repair is the winner of the Member Appreciation Raffle during Webster First Federal Credit Union’s celebration of International Credit Union Day on October 16! Pictured are Denise Grassa, Branch Supervisor, Winner Scott MacElree, owner of Scott’s Auto Repair, and Tom Hankard, Branch Manager.